How many syllables in Valve
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A door; especially, one of a pair of folding doors, or one
of the leaves of such a door.
- n. - A lid, plug, or cover, applied to an aperture so that by its
movement, as by swinging, lifting and falling, sliding, turning, or the
like, it will open or close the aperture to permit or prevent passage,
as of a fluid.
- n. - One or more membranous partitions, flaps, or folds, which
permit the passage of the contents of a vessel or cavity in one
direction, but stop or retard the flow in the opposite direction; as,
the ileocolic, mitral, and semilunar valves.
- n. - One of the pieces into which a capsule naturally separates
when it bursts.
- n. - One of the two similar portions of the shell of a diatom.
- n. - A small portion of certain anthers, which opens like a
trapdoor to allow the pollen to escape, as in the barberry.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?