How many syllables in Hum
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - To make a low, prolonged sound, like that of a bee in
flight; to drone; to murmur; to buzz; as, a top hums.
- v. i. - To make a nasal sound, like that of the letter m prolonged,
without opening the mouth, or articulating; to mumble in monotonous
undertone; to drone.
- v. i. - To make an inarticulate sound, like h'm, through the nose
in the process of speaking, from embarrassment or a affectation; to
- v. i. - To express satisfaction by a humming noise.
- v. i. - To have the sensation of a humming noise; as, my head hums,
-- a pathological condition.
- v. t. - To sing with shut mouth; to murmur without articulation; to
mumble; as, to hum a tune.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?