How many syllables in Dress
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To direct; to put right or straight; to regulate; to
- v. t. - To arrange in exact continuity of line, as soldiers;
commonly to adjust to a straight line and at proper distance; to align;
as, to dress the ranks.
- v. t. - To treat methodically with remedies, bandages, or
curative appliances, as a sore, an ulcer, a wound, or a wounded or
- v. t. - To adjust; to put in good order; to arrange;
specifically: (a) To prepare for use; to fit for any use; to render
suitable for an intended purpose; to get ready; as, to dress a slain
animal; to dress meat; to dress leather or cloth; to dress or trim a
lamp; to dress a garden; to dress a horse, by currying and rubbing; to
dress grain, by cleansing it; in mining and metallurgy, to dress ores,
by sorting and separating them.
- v. t. - To cut to proper dimensions, or give proper shape to, as
to a tool by hammering; also, to smooth or finish.
- v. t. - To put in proper condition by appareling, as the body; to
put clothes upon; to apparel; to invest with garments or rich
decorations; to clothe; to deck.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?