How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - An assembly of knights and other substantial men, with a
bailiff or justice, in a certain place and at a certain time, for
- n. - A special kind of jury or inquest.
- n. - A kind of writ or real action.
- n. - A verdict or finding of a jury upon such writ.
- n. - A statute or ordinance in general. Specifically: (1) A
statute regulating the weight, measure, and proportions of ingredients
and the price of articles sold in the market; as, the assize of bread
and other provisions; (2) A statute fixing the standard of weights and
- n. - Anything fixed or reduced to a certainty in point of time,
number, quantity, quality, weight, measure, etc.; as, rent of assize.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?