How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - To speak softly, or under the breath, so as to be heard
only by one near at hand; to utter words without sonant breath; to talk
without that vibration in the larynx which gives sonorous, or vocal,
sound. See Whisper, n.
- n. - To make a low, sibilant sound or noise.
- n. - To speak with suspicion, or timorous caution; to converse
in whispers, as in secret plotting.
- v. t. - To utter in a low and nonvocal tone; to say under the
breath; hence, to mention privately and confidentially, or in a
- v. t. - To address in a whisper, or low voice.
- v. t. - To prompt secretly or cautiously; to inform privately.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?