How many syllables in Trap
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To dress with ornaments; to adorn; -- said especially of
- n. - An old term rather loosely used to designate various
dark-colored, heavy igneous rocks, including especially the
feldspathic-augitic rocks, basalt, dolerite, amygdaloid, etc., but
including also some kinds of diorite. Called also trap rock.
- a. - Of or pertaining to trap rock; as, a trap dike.
- n. - A machine or contrivance that shuts suddenly, as with a
spring, used for taking game or other animals; as, a trap for foxes.
- n. - Fig.: A snare; an ambush; a stratagem; any device by which
one may be caught unawares.
- n. - A wooden instrument shaped somewhat like a shoe, used in the
game of trapball. It consists of a pivoted arm on one end of which is
placed the ball to be thrown into the air by striking the other end.
Also, a machine for throwing into the air glass balls, clay pigeons,
etc., to be shot at.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?