How many syllables in Town
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- adv. & prep. - Formerly: (a) An inclosure which surrounded the
mere homestead or dwelling of the lord of the manor. [Obs.] (b) The
whole of the land which constituted the domain. [Obs.] (c) A collection
of houses inclosed by fences or walls.
- adv. & prep. - Any number or collection of houses to which belongs
a regular market, and which is not a city or the see of a bishop.
- adv. & prep. - Any collection of houses larger than a village, and
not incorporated as a city; also, loosely, any large, closely populated
place, whether incorporated or not, in distinction from the country, or
from rural communities.
- adv. & prep. - The body of inhabitants resident in a town; as, the
town voted to send two representatives to the legislature; the town
voted to lay a tax for repairing the highways.
- adv. & prep. - A township; the whole territory within certain
limits, less than those of a country.
- adv. & prep. - The court end of London;-- commonly with the.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?