How many syllables in Tonic
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- a. - Of or relating to tones or sounds; specifically (Phon.),
applied to, or distingshing, a speech sound made with tone unmixed and
undimmed by obstruction, such sounds, namely, the vowels and
diphthongs, being so called by Dr. James Rush (1833) " from their
forming the purest and most plastic material of intonation."
- a. - Of or pertaining to tension; increasing tension; hence,
increasing strength; as, tonic power.
- a. - Increasing strength, or the tone of the animal system;
obviating the effects of debility, and restoring healthy functions.
- n. - A tonic element or letter; a vowel or a diphthong.
- n. - The key tone, or first tone of any scale.
- n. - A medicine that increases the strength, and gives vigor of
action to the system.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?