How many syllables in Throw
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - Pain; especially, pain of travail; throe.
- n. - Time; while; space of time; moment; trice.
- v. t. - To fling, cast, or hurl with a certain whirling motion of
the arm, to throw a ball; -- distinguished from to toss, or to bowl.
- v. t. - To fling or cast in any manner; to drive to a distance
from the hand or from an engine; to propel; to send; as, to throw
stones or dust with the hand; a cannon throws a ball; a fire engine
throws a stream of water to extinguish flames.
- v. t. - To drive by violence; as, a vessel or sailors may be
thrown upon a rock.
- v. t. - To cause to take a strategic position; as, he threw a
detachment of his army across the river.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?