How many syllables in Stake
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - A piece of wood, usually long and slender, pointed at one
end so as to be easily driven into the ground as a support or stay; as,
a stake to support vines, fences, hedges, etc.
- v. t. - A stick inserted upright in a lop, eye, or mortise, at
the side or end of a cart, a flat car, or the like, to prevent goods
from falling off.
- v. t. - The piece of timber to which a martyr was affixed to be
burned; hence, martyrdom by fire.
- v. t. - A small anvil usually furnished with a tang to enter a
hole in a bench top, -- used by tinsmiths, blacksmiths, etc., for light
work, punching upon, etc.
- v. t. - That which is laid down as a wager; that which is staked
or hazarded; a pledge.
- v. t. - To fasten, support, or defend with stakes; as, to stake
vines or plants.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?