How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To press between two bodies; to press together closely;
to compress; often, to compress so as to expel juice, moisture, etc.;
as, to squeeze an orange with the fingers; to squeeze the hand in
- v. t. - Fig.: To oppress with hardships, burdens, or taxes; to
harass; to crush.
- v. t. - To force, or cause to pass, by compression; often with
out, through, etc.; as, to squeeze water through felt.
- v. i. - To press; to urge one's way, or to pass, by pressing;
to crowd; -- often with through, into, etc.; as, to squeeze hard to get
through a crowd.
- n. - The act of one who squeezes; compression between bodies;
- n. - A facsimile impression taken in some soft substance, as
pulp, from an inscription on stone.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?