How many syllables in Spire
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - To breathe.
- n. - A slender stalk or blade in vegetation; as, a spire grass or
- n. - A tapering body that shoots up or out to a point in a
conical or pyramidal form. Specifically (Arch.), the roof of a tower
when of a pyramidal form and high in proportion to its width; also, the
pyramidal or aspiring termination of a tower which can not be said to
have a roof, such as that of Strasburg cathedral; the tapering part of
a steeple, or the steeple itself.
- n. - A tube or fuse for communicating fire to the chargen in
- n. - The top, or uppermost point, of anything; the summit.
- v. i. - To shoot forth, or up in, or as if in, a spire.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?