How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - Any one of numerous species of marine bivalve mollusks of
the genus Pecten and allied genera of the family Pectinidae. The shell
is usually radially ribbed, and the edge is therefore often undulated
in a characteristic manner. The large adductor muscle of some the
species is much used as food. One species (Vola Jacobaeus) occurs on
the coast of Palestine, and its shell was formerly worn by pilgrims as
a mark that they had been to the Holy Land. Called also fan shell. See
- n. - One of series of segments of circles joined at their
extremities, forming a border like the edge or surface of a scallop
- n. - One of the shells of a scallop; also, a dish resembling a
- v. t. - To mark or cut the edge or border of into segments of
circles, like the edge or surface of a scallop shell. See Scallop, n.,
- n. - To bake in scallop shells or dishes; to prepare with
crumbs of bread or cracker, and bake. See Scalloped oysters, below.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?