How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The offering of anything to God, or to a god;
- n. - Anything consecrated and offered to God, or to a
divinity; an immolated victim, or an offering of any kind, laid upon an
altar, or otherwise presented in the way of religious thanksgiving,
atonement, or conciliation.
- n. - Destruction or surrender of anything for the sake of
something else; devotion of some desirable object in behalf of a higher
object, or to a claim deemed more pressing; hence, also, the thing so
devoted or given up; as, the sacrifice of interest to pleasure, or of
pleasure to interest.
- n. - A sale at a price less than the cost or the actual
- n. - To make an offering of; to consecrate or present to a
divinity by way of expiation or propitiation, or as a token
acknowledgment or thanksgiving; to immolate on the altar of God, in
order to atone for sin, to procure favor, or to express thankfulness;
as, to sacrifice an ox or a sheep.
- n. - Hence, to destroy, surrender, or suffer to be lost, for
the sake of obtaining something; to give up in favor of a higher or
more imperative object or duty; to devote, with loss or suffering.
3 Syllable Words Starting with?