How many syllables in Roast
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To cook by exposure to radiant heat before a fire; as, to
roast meat on a spit, or in an oven open toward the fire and having
reflecting surfaces within; also, to cook in a close oven.
- v. t. - To cook by surrounding with hot embers, ashes, sand,
etc.; as, to roast a potato in ashes.
- v. t. - To dry and parch by exposure to heat; as, to roast
coffee; to roast chestnuts, or peanuts.
- v. t. - Hence, to heat to excess; to heat violently; to burn.
- v. t. - To dissipate by heat the volatile parts of, as ores.
- v. t. - To banter severely.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?