How many syllables in Rise
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. - To move from a lower position to a higher; to ascend; to
mount up. Specifically: -- (a) To go upward by walking, climbing,
flying, or any other voluntary motion; as, a bird rises in the air; a
fish rises to the bait.
- v. - To ascend or float in a fluid, as gases or vapors in air,
cork in water, and the like.
- v. - To move upward under the influence of a projecting force; as,
a bullet rises in the air.
- v. - To grow upward; to attain a certain height; as, this elm
rises to the height of seventy feet.
- v. - To reach a higher level by increase of quantity or bulk; to
swell; as, a river rises in its bed; the mercury rises in the
- v. - To become erect; to assume an upright position; as, to rise
from a chair or from a fall.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?