How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - One of four equal parts into which anything is divided, or
is regarded as divided; a fourth part or portion; as, a quarter of a
dollar, of a pound, of a yard, of an hour, etc.
- n. - The fourth of a hundred-weight, being 25 or 28 pounds,
according as the hundredweight is reckoned at 100 or 112 pounds.
- n. - The fourth of a ton in weight, or eight bushels of grain;
as, a quarter of wheat; also, the fourth part of a chaldron of coal.
- n. - The fourth part of the moon's period, or monthly
revolution; as, the first quarter after the change or full.
- n. - One limb of a quadruped with the adjacent parts; one
fourth part of the carcass of a slaughtered animal, including a leg;
as, the fore quarters; the hind quarters.
- n. - That part of a boot or shoe which forms the side, from the
heel to the vamp.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?