How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A color formed by, or resembling that formed by, a
combination of the primary colors red and blue.
- n. - Cloth dyed a purple color, or a garment of such color;
especially, a purple robe, worn as an emblem of rank or authority;
specifically, the purple rode or mantle worn by Roman emperors as the
emblem of imperial dignity; as, to put on the imperial purple.
- n. - Hence: Imperial sovereignty; royal rank, dignity, or favor;
loosely and colloquially, any exalted station; great wealth.
- n. - A cardinalate. See Cardinal.
- n. - Any species of large butterflies, usually marked with
purple or blue, of the genus Basilarchia (formerly Limenitis) as, the
banded purple (B. arthemis). See Illust. under Ursula.
- n. - Any shell of the genus Purpura.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?