How many syllables in Purl
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To decorate with fringe or embroidery.
- n. - An embroidered and puckered border; a hem or fringe, often of
gold or silver twist; also, a pleat or fold, as of a band.
- n. - An inversion of stitches in knitting, which gives to the work
a ribbed or waved appearance.
- v. i. - To run swiftly round, as a small stream flowing among
stones or other obstructions; to eddy; also, to make a murmuring sound,
as water does in running over or through obstructions.
- v. & n. - To rise in circles, ripples, or undulations; to curl; to
- n. - A circle made by the notion of a fluid; an eddy; a ripple.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?