How many syllables in Prove
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To try or to ascertain by an experiment, or by a test or
standard; to test; as, to prove the strength of gunpowder or of
ordnance; to prove the contents of a vessel by a standard measure.
- v. t. - To evince, establish, or ascertain, as truth, reality, or
fact, by argument, testimony, or other evidence.
- v. t. - To ascertain or establish the genuineness or validity of;
to verify; as, to prove a will.
- v. t. - To gain experience of the good or evil of; to know by
trial; to experience; to suffer.
- v. t. - To test, evince, ascertain, or verify, as the correctness
of any operation or result; thus, in subtraction, if the difference
between two numbers, added to the lesser number, makes a sum equal to
the greater, the correctness of the subtraction is proved.
- v. t. - To take a trial impression of; to take a proof of; as, to
prove a page.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?