How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The relation or adaptation of one portion to another,
or to the whole, as respect magnitude, quantity, or degree; comparative
relation; ratio; as, the proportion of the parts of a building, or of
- n. - Harmonic relation between parts, or between different
things of the same kind; symmetrical arrangement or adjustment;
symmetry; as, to be out of proportion.
- n. - The portion one receives when a whole is distributed by
a rule or principle; equal or proper share; lot.
- n. - A part considered comparatively; a share.
- n. - The equality or similarity of ratios, especially of
geometrical ratios; or a relation among quantities such that the
quotient of the first divided by the second is equal to that of the
third divided by the fourth; -- called also geometrical proportion, in
distinction from arithmetical proportion, or that in which the
difference of the first and second is equal to the difference of the
third and fourth.
- n. - The rule of three, in arithmetic, in which the three
given terms, together with the one sought, are proportional.
3 Syllable Words Starting with?