How many syllables in Pitch
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A thick, black, lustrous, and sticky substance obtained by
boiling down tar. It is used in calking the seams of ships; also in
coating rope, canvas, wood, ironwork, etc., to preserve them.
- n. - See Pitchstone.
- n. - To cover over or smear with pitch.
- n. - Fig.: To darken; to blacken; to obscure.
- v. t. - To throw, generally with a definite aim or purpose; to
cast; to hurl; to toss; as, to pitch quoits; to pitch hay; to pitch a
- v. t. - To thrust or plant in the ground, as stakes or poles;
hence, to fix firmly, as by means of poles; to establish; to arrange;
as, to pitch a tent; to pitch a camp.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?