How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A suffering or enduring of imposed or inflicted pain; any
suffering or distress (as, a cardiac passion); specifically, the
suffering of Christ between the time of the last supper and his death,
esp. in the garden upon the cross.
- n. - The state of being acted upon; subjection to an external
agent or influence; a passive condition; -- opposed to action.
- n. - Capacity of being affected by external agents;
susceptibility of impressions from external agents.
- n. - The state of the mind when it is powerfully acted upon and
influenced by something external to itself; the state of any particular
faculty which, under such conditions, becomes extremely sensitive or
uncontrollably excited; any emotion or sentiment (specifically, love or
anger) in a state of abnormal or controlling activity; an extreme or
inordinate desire; also, the capacity or susceptibility of being so
affected; as, to be in a passion; the passions of love, hate,
jealously, wrath, ambition, avarice, fear, etc.; a passion for war, or
for drink; an orator should have passion as well as rhetorical skill.
- n. - Disorder of the mind; madness.
- n. - Passion week. See Passion week, below.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?