How many syllables in Pair
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A number of things resembling one another, or belonging
together; a set; as, a pair or flight of stairs. "A pair of beads."
Chaucer. Beau. & Fl. "Four pair of stairs." Macaulay. [Now mostly or
quite disused, except as to stairs.]
- n. - Two things of a kind, similar in form, suited to each other,
and intended to be used together; as, a pair of gloves or stockings; a
pair of shoes.
- n. - Two of a sort; a span; a yoke; a couple; a brace; as, a pair
of horses; a pair of oxen.
- n. - A married couple; a man and wife.
- n. - A single thing, composed of two pieces fitted to each other
and used together; as, a pair of scissors; a pair of tongs; a pair of
- n. - Two members of opposite parties or opinion, as in a
parliamentary body, who mutually agree not to vote on a given question,
or on issues of a party nature during a specified time; as, there were
two pairs on the final vote.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?