How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- a. - Denying; implying, containing, or asserting denial,
negation or refusal; returning the answer no to an inquiry or request;
refusing assent; as, a negative answer; a negative opinion; -- opposed
- a. - Not positive; without affirmative statement or
demonstration; indirect; consisting in the absence of something;
privative; as, a negative argument; a negative morality; negative
- a. - Asserting absence of connection between a subject and a
predicate; as, a negative proposition.
- a. - Of or pertaining to a picture upon glass or other
material, in which the lights and shades of the original, and the
relations of right and left, are reversed.
- a. - Metalloidal; nonmetallic; -- contracted with positive or
basic; as, the nitro group is negative.
- n. - A proposition by which something is denied or forbidden;
a conception or term formed by prefixing the negative particle to one
which is positive; an opposite or contradictory term or conception.
3 Syllable Words Starting with?