How many syllables in Key
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - An instrument by means of which the bolt of a lock is shot or
drawn; usually, a removable metal instrument fitted to the mechanism of
a particular lock and operated by turning in its place.
- n. - An instrument which is turned like a key in fastening or
adjusting any mechanism; as, a watch key; a bed key, etc.
- n. - That part of an instrument or machine which serves as the
means of operating it; as, a telegraph key; the keys of a pianoforte,
or of a typewriter.
- n. - A position or condition which affords entrance, control, pr
possession, etc.; as, the key of a line of defense; the key of a
country; the key of a political situation. Hence, that which serves to
unlock, open, discover, or solve something unknown or difficult; as,
the key to a riddle; the key to a problem.
- n. - That part of a mechanism which serves to lock up, make fast,
or adjust to position.
- n. - A piece of wood used as a wedge.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?