How many syllables in Jar
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A turn. [Only in phrase.]
- n. - A deep, broad-mouthed vessel of earthenware or glass, for
holding fruit, preserves, etc., or for ornamental purposes; as, a jar
of honey; a rose jar.
- n. - The measure of what is contained in a jar; as, a jar of oil; a
jar of preserves.
- v. i. - To give forth a rudely quivering or tremulous sound; to
sound harshly or discordantly; as, the notes jarred on my ears.
- v. i. - To act in opposition or disagreement; to clash; to
interfere; to quarrel; to dispute.
- v. t. - To cause a short, tremulous motion of, to cause to tremble,
as by a sudden shock or blow; to shake; to shock; as, to jar the earth;
to jar one's faith.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?