How many syllables in Jack
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A large tree, the Artocarpus integrifolia, common in the East
Indies, closely allied to the breadfruit, from which it differs in
having its leaves entire. The fruit is of great size, weighing from
thirty to forty pounds, and through its soft fibrous matter are
scattered the seeds, which are roasted and eaten. The wood is of a
yellow color, fine grain, and rather heavy, and is much used in
cabinetwork. It is also used for dyeing a brilliant yellow.
- n. - A familiar nickname of, or substitute for, John.
- n. - An impertinent or silly fellow; a simpleton; a boor; a clown;
also, a servant; a rustic.
- n. - A popular colloquial name for a sailor; -- called also Jack
tar, and Jack afloat.
- n. - A mechanical contrivance, an auxiliary machine, or a
subordinate part of a machine, rendering convenient service, and often
supplying the place of a boy or attendant who was commonly called Jack
- n. - A device to pull off boots.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?