How many syllables in Hoop
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A pliant strip of wood or metal bent in a circular form, and
united at the ends, for holding together the staves of casks, tubs,
- n. - A ring; a circular band; anything resembling a hoop, as the
cylinder (cheese hoop) in which the curd is pressed in making cheese.
- n. - A circle, or combination of circles, of thin whalebone,
metal, or other elastic material, used for expanding the skirts of
ladies' dresses; crinoline; -- used chiefly in the plural.
- n. - A quart pot; -- so called because originally bound with
hoops, like a barrel. Also, a portion of the contents measured by the
distance between the hoops.
- n. - An old measure of capacity, variously estimated at from one
to four pecks.
- v. t. - To bind or fasten with hoops; as, to hoop a barrel or
1 Syllable Words Starting with?