How many syllables in Hang
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - To suspend; to fasten to some elevated point without
support from below; -- often used with up or out; as, to hang a coat on
a hook; to hang up a sign; to hang out a banner.
- v. i. - To fasten in a manner which will allow of free motion upon
the point or points of suspension; -- said of a pendulum, a swing, a
door, gate, etc.
- v. i. - To fit properly, as at a proper angle (a part of an
implement that is swung in using), as a scythe to its snath, or an ax
to its helve.
- v. i. - To put to death by suspending by the neck; -- a form of
capital punishment; as, to hang a murderer.
- v. i. - To cover, decorate, or furnish by hanging pictures
trophies, drapery, and the like, or by covering with paper hangings; --
said of a wall, a room, etc.
- v. i. - To paste, as paper hangings, on the walls of a room.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?