How many syllables in Hair
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The collection or mass of filaments growing from the skin of
an animal, and forming a covering for a part of the head or for any
part or the whole of the body.
- n. - One the above-mentioned filaments, consisting, in
invertebrate animals, of a long, tubular part which is free and
flexible, and a bulbous root imbedded in the skin.
- n. - Hair (human or animal) used for various purposes; as, hair
for stuffing cushions.
- n. - A slender outgrowth from the chitinous cuticle of insects,
spiders, crustaceans, and other invertebrates. Such hairs are totally
unlike those of vertebrates in structure, composition, and mode of
- n. - An outgrowth of the epidermis, consisting of one or of
several cells, whether pointed, hooked, knobbed, or stellated. Internal
hairs occur in the flower stalk of the yellow frog lily (Nuphar).
- n. - A spring device used in a hair-trigger firearm.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?