How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To stretch out; to prolong in space; to carry forward or
continue in length; as, to extend a line in surveying; to extend a cord
across the street.
- v. t. - To enlarge, as a surface or volume; to expand; to
spread; to amplify; as, to extend metal plates by hammering or rolling
- v. t. - To enlarge; to widen; to carry out further; as, to
extend the capacities, the sphere of usefulness, or commerce; to extend
power or influence; to continue, as time; to lengthen; to prolong; as,
to extend the time of payment or a season of trail.
- v. t. - To hold out or reach forth, as the arm or hand.
- v. t. - To bestow; to offer; to impart; to apply; as, to extend
sympathy to the suffering.
- v. t. - To increase in quantity by weakening or adulterating
additions; as, to extend liquors.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?