How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - To become suddenly expanded into a great volume of gas
or vapor; to burst violently into flame; as gunpowder explodes.
- v. i. - To burst with force and a loud report; to detonate, as
a shell filled with powder or the like material, or as a boiler from
too great pressure of steam.
- v. i. - To burst forth with sudden violence and noise; as, at
this, his wrath exploded.
- v. t. - To drive from the stage by noisy expressions of
disapprobation; to hoot off; to drive away or reject noisily; as, to
explode a play.
- v. t. - To bring into disrepute, and reject; to drive from
notice and acceptance; as, to explode a scheme, fashion, or doctrine.
- v. t. - To cause to explode or burst noisily; to detonate; as,
to explode powder by touching it with fire.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?