How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To draw or let out wholly; to drain off completely; as,
to exhaust the water of a well; the moisture of the earth is exhausted
- v. t. - To empty by drawing or letting out the contents; as, to
exhaust a well, or a treasury.
- v. t. - To drain, metaphorically; to use or expend wholly, or
till the supply comes to an end; to deprive wholly of strength; to use
up; to weary or tire out; to wear out; as, to exhaust one's strength,
patience, or resources.
- v. t. - To bring out or develop completely; to discuss
thoroughly; as, to exhaust a subject.
- v. t. - To subject to the action of various solvents in order
to remove all soluble substances or extractives; as, to exhaust a drug
successively with water, alcohol, and ether.
- a. - Drained; exhausted; having expended or lost its energy.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?