How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A valuable fur-bearing animal of the genus Mustela (M.
erminea), allied to the weasel; the stoat. It is found in the northern
parts of Asia, Europe, and America. In summer it is brown, but in
winter it becomes white, except the tip of the tail, which is always
- n. - The fur of the ermine, as prepared for ornamenting garments
of royalty, etc., by having the tips of the tails, which are black,
arranged at regular intervals throughout the white.
- n. - By metonymy, the office or functions of a judge, whose
state robe, lined with ermine, is emblematical of purity and honor
- n. - One of the furs. See Fur (Her.)
- v. t. - To clothe with, or as with, ermine.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?