How many syllables in Enter
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To come or go into; to pass into the interior of; to pass
within the outer cover or shell of; to penetrate; to pierce; as, to
enter a house, a closet, a country, a door, etc.; the river enters the
- v. t. - To unite in; to join; to be admitted to; to become a
member of; as, to enter an association, a college, an army.
- v. t. - To engage in; to become occupied with; as, to enter the
legal profession, the book trade, etc.
- v. t. - To pass within the limits of; to attain; to begin; to
commence upon; as, to enter one's teens, a new era, a new dispensation.
- v. t. - To cause to go (into), or to be received (into); to put
in; to insert; to cause to be admitted; as, to enter a knife into a
piece of wood, a wedge into a log; to enter a boy at college, a horse
for a race, etc.
- v. t. - To inscribe; to enroll; to record; as, to enter a name,
or a date, in a book, or a book in a catalogue; to enter the
particulars of a sale in an account, a manifest of a ship or of
merchandise at the customhouse.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?