How many syllables in Elder
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- a. - Older; more aged, or existing longer.
- a. - Born before another; prior in years; senior; earlier; older;
as, his elder brother died in infancy; -- opposed to younger, and now
commonly applied to a son, daughter, child, brother, etc.
- a. - One who is older; a superior in age; a senior.
- a. - An aged person; one who lived at an earlier period; a
- a. - A person who, on account of his age, occupies the office of
ruler or judge; hence, a person occupying any office appropriate to
such as have the experience and dignity which age confers; as, the
elders of Israel; the elders of the synagogue; the elders in the
- a. - A clergyman authorized to administer all the sacraments; as,
a traveling elder.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?