How many syllables in Drain
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To draw off by degrees; to cause to flow gradually out or
off; hence, to cause the exhaustion of.
- v. t. - To exhaust of liquid contents by drawing them off; to
make gradually dry or empty; to remove surface water, as from streets,
by gutters, etc.; to deprive of moisture; hence, to exhaust; to empty
of wealth, resources, or the like; as, to drain a country of its
- v. t. - To filter.
- v. i. - To flow gradually; as, the water of low ground drains
- v. i. - To become emptied of liquor by flowing or dropping; as,
let the vessel stand and drain.
- n. - The act of draining, or of drawing off; gradual and
continuous outflow or withdrawal; as, the drain of specie from a
1 Syllable Words Starting with?