How many syllables in Dodge
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - To start suddenly aside, as to avoid a blow or a missile;
to shift place by a sudden start.
- v. i. - To evade a duty by low craft; to practice mean shifts; to
use tricky devices; to play fast and loose; to quibble.
- v. t. - To evade by a sudden shift of place; to escape by
starting aside; as, to dodge a blow aimed or a ball thrown.
- v. t. - Fig.: To evade by craft; as, to dodge a question; to
- v. t. - To follow by dodging, or suddenly shifting from place to
- n. - The act of evading by some skillful movement; a sudden
starting aside; hence, an artful device to evade, deceive, or cheat; a
cunning trick; an artifice.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?