How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To ask or call for with authority; to claim or seek
from, as by authority or right; to claim, as something due; to call for
urgently or peremptorily; as, to demand a debt; to demand obedience.
- v. t. - To inquire authoritatively or earnestly; to ask, esp. in
a peremptory manner; to question.
- v. t. - To require as necessary or useful; to be in urgent need
of; hence, to call for; as, the case demands care.
- v. t. - To call into court; to summon.
- v. i. - To make a demand; to inquire.
- v. t. - The act of demanding; an asking with authority; a
peremptory urging of a claim; a claiming or challenging as due;
requisition; as, the demand of a creditor; a note payable on demand.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?