How many syllables in Crane
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A measure for fresh herrings, -- as many as will fill a
- n. - A wading bird of the genus Grus, and allied genera, of
various species, having a long, straight bill, and long legs and neck.
- n. - A machine for raising and lowering heavy weights, and, while
holding them suspended, transporting them through a limited lateral
distance. In one form it consists of a projecting arm or jib of timber
or iron, a rotating post or base, and the necessary tackle, windlass,
etc.; -- so called from a fancied similarity between its arm and the
neck of a crane See Illust. of Derrick.
- n. - An iron arm with horizontal motion, attached to the side or
back of a fireplace, for supporting kettles, etc., over a fire.
- n. - A siphon, or bent pipe, for drawing liquors out of a cask.
- n. - A forked post or projecting bracket to support spars, etc.,
-- generally used in pairs. See Crotch, 2.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?