How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A gripe or clinching with, or as with, the fingers or
claws; seizure; grasp.
- n. - The hands, claws, or talons, in the act of grasping firmly;
-- often figuratively, for power, rapacity, or cruelty; as, to fall
into the clutches of an adversary.
- n. - A device which is used for coupling shafting, etc., so as
to transmit motion, and which may be disengaged at pleasure.
- n. - Any device for gripping an object, as at the end of a chain
- n. - The nest complement of eggs of a bird.
- n. - To seize, clasp, or gripe with the hand, hands, or claws;
-- often figuratively; as, to clutch power.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?