How many syllables in Call
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To command or request to come or be present; to summon;
as, to call a servant.
- v. t. - To summon to the discharge of a particular duty; to
designate for an office, or employment, especially of a religious
character; -- often used of a divine summons; as, to be called to the
ministry; sometimes, to invite; as, to call a minister to be the pastor
of a church.
- v. t. - To invite or command to meet; to convoke; -- often with
together; as, the President called Congress together; to appoint and
summon; as, to call a meeting of the Board of Aldermen.
- v. t. - To give name to; to name; to address, or speak of, by a
- v. t. - To regard or characterize as of a certain kind; to
denominate; to designate.
- v. t. - To state, or estimate, approximately or loosely; to
characterize without strict regard to fact; as, they call the distance
ten miles; he called it a full day's work.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?