How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A structure, usually of wood, stone, brick, or iron,
erected over a river or other water course, or over a chasm, railroad,
etc., to make a passageway from one bank to the other.
- n. - Anything supported at the ends, which serves to keep some
other thing from resting upon the object spanned, as in engraving,
watchmaking, etc., or which forms a platform or staging over which
something passes or is conveyed.
- n. - The small arch or bar at right angles to the strings of a
violin, guitar, etc., serving of raise them and transmit their
vibrations to the body of the instrument.
- n. - A device to measure the resistance of a wire or other
conductor forming part of an electric circuit.
- n. - A low wall or vertical partition in the fire chamber of a
furnace, for deflecting flame, etc.; -- usually called a bridge wall.
- v. t. - To build a bridge or bridges on or over; as, to bridge a
1 Syllable Words Starting with?