How many syllables in Brand
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - A burning piece of wood; or a stick or piece of wood
partly burnt, whether burning or after the fire is extinct.
- v. t. - A sword, so called from its glittering or flashing
- v. t. - A mark made by burning with a hot iron, as upon a cask,
to designate the quality, manufacturer, etc., of the contents, or upon
an animal, to designate ownership; -- also, a mark for a similar
purpose made in any other way, as with a stencil. Hence, figurately:
Quality; kind; grade; as, a good brand of flour.
- v. t. - A mark put upon criminals with a hot iron. Hence: Any
mark of infamy or vice; a stigma.
- v. t. - An instrument to brand with; a branding iron.
- v. t. - Any minute fungus which produces a burnt appearance in
plants. The brands are of many species and several genera of the order
1 Syllable Words Starting with?