How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - A heavy mallet, used to drive wedges, beat pavements,
- v. t. - A machine in which fabrics are subjected to a hammering
process while passing over rollers, as in cotton mills; -- called also
- v. t. - To beat with a heavy mallet.
- v. t. - To finish by subjecting to a hammering process in a
beetle or beetling machine; as, to beetle cotton goods.
- v. t. - Any insect of the order Coleoptera, having four wings,
the outer pair being stiff cases for covering the others when they are
folded up. See Coleoptera.
- v. i. - To extend over and beyond the base or support; to
overhang; to jut.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?