How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To enlarge or increase in size, amount, or degree; to
swell; to make bigger; as, to augment an army by reeforcements; rain
augments a stream; impatience augments an evil.
- v. t. - To add an augment to.
- v. i. - To increase; to grow larger, stronger, or more intense;
as, a stream augments by rain.
- n. - Enlargement by addition; increase.
- n. - A vowel prefixed, or a lengthening of the initial vowel,
to mark past time, as in Greek and Sanskrit verbs.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?