How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- a. - Being or succeeding by turns; one following the other in
succession of time or place; by turns first one and then the other;
- a. - Designating the members in a series, which regularly
intervene between the members of another series, as the odd or even
numbers of the numerals; every other; every second; as, the alternate
members 1, 3, 5, 7, etc. ; read every alternate line.
- a. - Distributed, as leaves, singly at different heights of
the stem, and at equal intervals as respects angular divergence.
- n. - That which alternates with something else; vicissitude.
- n. - A substitute; one designated to take the place of
another, if necessary, in performing some duty.
- n. - A proportion derived from another proportion by
interchanging the means.
3 Syllable Words Starting with?