How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To front; to face in position; to meet or encounter
face to face.
- v. t. - To face in defiance; to confront; as, to affront death;
hence, to meet in hostile encounter.
- v. t. - To offend by some manifestation of disrespect; to
insult to the face by demeanor or language; to treat with marked
- n. - An encounter either friendly or hostile.
- n. - Contemptuous or rude treatment which excites or justifies
resentment; marked disrespect; a purposed indignity; insult.
- n. - An offense to one's self-respect; shame.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?