How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- a. - Having the power or quality of acting; causing change;
communicating action or motion; acting; -- opposed to passive, that
receives; as, certain active principles; the powers of the mind.
- a. - Quick in physical movement; of an agile and vigorous body;
nimble; as, an active child or animal.
- a. - In action; actually proceeding; working; in force; --
opposed to quiescent, dormant, or extinct; as, active laws; active
hostilities; an active volcano.
- a. - Given to action; constantly engaged in action; energetic;
diligent; busy; -- opposed to dull, sluggish, indolent, or inert; as,
an active man of business; active mind; active zeal.
- a. - Requiring or implying action or exertion; -- opposed to
sedentary or to tranquil; as, active employment or service; active
- a. - Given to action rather than contemplation; practical;
operative; -- opposed to speculative or theoretical; as, an active
rather than a speculative statesman.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?